This flavorful Healthy Mushroom Soup is full of vegetables with a light, earthy, full-flavored mushroom broth without all the fat.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Ghee
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced leeks, halved and sliced
- ¾ cup sliced celery
- 3 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped (approx. 1 and ½ tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 pounds mushrooms, rinsed and thickly sliced*
- 6 cups chicken stock (or approx. 3 (14.5 ounce) cans)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, leeks, celery and garlic. Cook and stir until tender, but not browned, approximately 10 minutes. Add thyme, mushrooms, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Heat until a soft boil, then turn down to low heat, cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, ladle into bowls, and serve
**This updated recipe was adapted from Kristi and Kerry’s recipe and can be found on their blog, Inspiration Kitchen at home: http://www.inspirationkitchen.com/2014/11/22/healthy-mushroom-soup/